If you’re directly looking for helpful ways to enhance your San Gabriel rental property, easily upgrading your lighting is a great way to start. Installing new lighting can make your rental look more gorgeous and certainly appealing to potential tenants, increase the value of your property, and can contribute to you keeping your rates competitive. This blog post will touch on the lights you will usually need to install in your rental property and why they are beneficial to you. We’ll also impart tips on choosing the right light fixtures for your needs.
Types of Lighting
Concerning lighting your rental property, you should install three fundamental types: ambient lighting, task lighting, and accent lighting.
Ambient Lighting. Ambient lighting is light that fills a room with comprehensive general illumination. This kind of light is beneficial for making a space feel comfortable and gorgeous. It’s furthermore principally important for safety to prevent trips and falls. You can fix ambient lighting in your rental property by putting in place ceiling lights, wall sconces, or floor lamps.
Task Lighting. Task lighting is fabricated to lighten up specific room areas where people work. This kind of light is relevant for effectively creating a well-lit workspace and reducing eye strain. You can include task lighting in your rental property by adding desk lamps, pendant lights, or track lighting.
Accent Lighting. Accent lighting is often used to highlight specific features of a room or to just a certain ambiance. This kind of light can accentuate architectural features, artwork, or furniture. You can easily utilize accent lighting in your rental property by adding recessed lights, track lighting, or wall sconces.
Choosing the Right Lighting Fixtures
When deciding on lighting fixtures for your rental property, it’s certainly important to select fixtures that are rather durable and hassle-free to keep clean. This can help make light fixtures last longer and make maintenance a lot better over the long run. Additional factors you should also consider include:
- The size of the room: Make certain to decide on fixtures that are proportional to the size of the room.
- The style of the property: Pick fixtures that complement the style of your property.
- The wattage of the bulbs: Always keep in mind to select bulbs with the appropriate wattage for each fixture.
- The color temperature of the light: Choose a light bulb with a comfortable color temperature for tenants.
- The price: Choose fixtures that fit your budget.
Benefits of Upgrading Your Light Fixtures
Upgrading your light fixtures can have a lot of profitable benefits for property owners, including:
- Increased property value: Certainly adding new lighting can improve the appearance and value of your rental property.
- Attracting more tenants: As a matter of fact, new lighting can make your rental property more attractive to potential tenants.
- Keeping rates competitive: Freshening up your lighting can contribute to keeping your rental rates competitive.
Fitting out new lighting in your rental property can be an efficient way to easily improve the look and feel of your space. It can likewise help increase the value of your property and attract more tenants. By being guided by the suggestions in this blog post, you can quite easily get the appropriate fixtures for your needs.
Still, upgrading your rental property raises a handful of crucial questions. If you’d want to have some expert advice on upgrades that will impart you the biggest return for every dollar you spend, contact one of our professional San Gabriel property managers. You can call 626-691-9749 or contact us online.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.